Games

Discuss video games here.
keymaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Games

Postby keymaster » Mon May 28, 2012 9:07 am

Guy with a machine gun? I think we're talking about different games (Sacred++ is medieval ficition based)
Daddy, why doesn't the magnet pick up your floppy discs?
keymaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby keymaster » Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 am

james438 wrote:I do remember a hard boss battle with some big guy with a machine gun.

Don't they all :P

I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant a completly seperate game (called sacred++) not a diffuculty setting...
Daddy, why doesn't the magnet pick up your floppy discs?
bernie1227
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bernie1227 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:52 pm

The final boss for wolfenstein 3D always amused me, it was hitler in a robot suit with miniguns for arms.
Unsurprisingly, the game was banned in Germany :P

On the final fantasy front, do you prefer part 1 or part 2 (of final fantasy 13 this is)? Personally, I, like many others, enjoyed part 2 more.

I personally tend to like open world gaming, rather than ones where you have story line and nothing else (however I don't mind them).
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight. -- Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corporation
james438
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby james438 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 am

I actually like open world gaming as well. FF13 - 1 is open world as well, but you have to play a loooong time before it becomes open world. I have not tried the second one, but the first one was quite enjoyable. Have you tried it?
bernie1227
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bernie1227 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 am

james438 wrote:I actually like open world gaming as well. FF13 - 1 is open world as well, but you have to play a loooong time before it becomes open world. I have not tried the second one, but the first one was quite enjoyable. Have you tried it?

In the second one, I definately feel that you have more freedom than you did in 13-1, you can jump between sections of time at your own free will, and it is definately a lot less linear, you're jumping through time all over the place. It scan be a bit easy to get confused, what with all the jumping around in time, but it is actually quite fun :)
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight. -- Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corporation
james438
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby james438 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 am

Nice, I'll have to pick that game up then.

I'm going to try and fix the forums now. I'm not sure how long it will take. It's kind of a big project this time because I need to reinstall the entire thing and start from scratch. I think I can save all of the forum posts though.

Return to “Video Games”