Editing phpbb styles

keymaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Editing phpbb styles

Postby keymaster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:21 am

Ahhh... so any clue why it wouldn't be working?
Daddy, why doesn't the magnet pick up your floppy discs?
james438
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby james438 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:12 am

I need a few more details. What file are you trying to edit? Are you editing the all of the relevant files for all of the themes? phpbb also has a cache system that can and often does override changes made to the flatfiles. I am not sure why it does that though. My suspicion is that it allows the forum to load faster for very large forums or when there are many users trying to load your forum at the same time.
keymaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby keymaster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:04 am

I'm just trying to edit the main bit of the forum... The css file for the main page?
james438
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby james438 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:52 am

I assume this is for the forum on your own site where you are the Admin. It depends on what you want to do. If you wanted to change the font size for the "topics" and "posts" in the Artodia: Black theme you would go to the Styles tab in the ACP, under Style Components select Themes. Here you will have a lengthy css file to edit. From there locate the following:

Code: Select all

.phpbb .topiclist .topics dfn, .phpbb .topiclist .posts dfn, .phpbb .topiclist .views dfn {

from there try changing the font size from 11px to 18px. Then submit the changes and look at the forum main page, refresh and you will see the changes.

If there are tutorials on editing phpbb themes out there I can imagine that they are quite lengthy. It is probably easier just to play around. I would recommend saving a backup copy of the css file in case you make too many mistakes.
keymaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby keymaster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Ok, thanks for that james.
I'll give it a try later.

Return to “CSS”