To the best of my knowledge version 7 started on 7/18/11. It was at that point that I took some time away from the website to try to avoid what was becoming an addiction for me: web design.
When version 7 came out I felt the website had reached a milestone and nearly every bug I could think of had been fixed and nearly every feature I wanted to add had been installed. Afterwards I went to work on the church website for a long while. From then until now work on the animeviews site has been rather sporadic. This post is the collected updates to the site since the beginning of version 7 until the end of 2011.
The month of December has seen somewhat of an increase in the rate of updates to the site as interest has been returning. If I were to describe the focus of this build I would have to say it would be security upgrades.
Site updates since the start of version 7:
- css for the column widths on the news page was updated.
- Security: security update for the memo blog images.
- added 5 most recently updated news items to the news section.
- Security: security update for the admin password and the image upload programs.
- Images on the main page were centered horizontally and vertically.
- The hr tags on the main page now use classes and given a default color of black.
- news item submit page no longer shows momentary code.
- Updated Editor to version 1.27 from 1.24.
- Updated the Admin Theme page to be able to change the settings of the specially quoted text.
- Many lines of junk code and and junk columns in the MySQL theme table was removed.
- Security: security update to protect against certain hacking programs that crawl and spider.
- fixed the missing css from http://www.animeviews.com/index.php.
- Memo blog table was normalized.
- Fixed the bug where underlined text was not being displayed properly in the memo blog or the “latest files” entries on the main page.
- Security: security update involving cookies.
- Security: Moved the website hosting to 4G. This allows for more recent web languages and other languages.
- FSecurity: Fixed a recently introduced bug where a person could appear to be logged out while viewing memo blog archives.
- Fixed several bugs with the article tags where a certain incorrect tag could be used and duplicate tags could be entered. Using no tags is no longer valid and empty tags are no longer valid. I am counting these all as one bug.
- Updated the most recently updated article and news item lists to list items that are newly created and have not been updated yet.
- In the list of articles displayed the time since last updated will measure from the date it was created if it has never been updated yet.
- Fixed a bug in the article lists where the date last updated was an hour off.
- Updated the look of the admin security page and made it a little more practical.
- Fixed a bug where underlined text in the news page was not displaying as such.
- Fixed the Bible Quote sorting bug where new Bible verses were missing the verse listing, which caused it to be placed before Genesis 1:1.
- Search feature updated to version 5.6. Minor bug fix.
- Fixed an issue where an admin page did not always retrieve the page specific css styles.
- Updated the News page so that the titles are hyperlinked and the titles change to red when hovered over.
- Viewing the memo blog archives when no tags have been selected will now display all of the memo blogs instead of none.
- User Control Panel was brought back and was rewritten to account for the now normalized article table in the database.
- Added a redirect to news.php to news2.php.
- The security for the site has been increased making it much harder to hack the site using any type of brute force attack.
- Memo blog table was normalized.
- Editor was updated to 1.27 from 1.24.