Marvel Unlimited FAQ
written by: admin
12/19/15 Last Updated:
The following answers were obtained primarily from My cup O Joe issues 1 – 51. Cup O' Joe
went on for 53 issues before it ended. A little over a month later he moved on to CBR
- What are Free comics? Free comics are promotional comics that are released primarily as a teaser for non subscribers and subscribers alike. There is a new one released each weekday. Free comics stay up for a while, but often are taken down and later made available only to subscribers. You can see the list of them here. These comics are either a new release or part of a recently released collection ref. I have noticed that some of these FREE comics are sometimes neither new releases or part of a recently released collection, like Ultimate X–Men 70 which was released as a collection some 4 years earlier.
- Why are some of the bonus stories located at the end of some issues missing? The best I can tell it is because not sometimes they are reprinted in elsewhere in other digital comics to avoid redundancy. ref.
- Are there exclusive digital comics? Yes, these are released every Wednesday. ref.
- How many Digital comics are there? There are over 17,000 with about 25+ being added each Monday ref. 17,000 comics as of 1/3/15 ref with about 1300 more each year.
- Does anyone else do Digital comics? The only other one that comes close is Comixology which allows you to subscribe to a particular comic digitally and you can view that comic the day it hits news stands. ref. Note: DC Comics Universe has just entered the ring.
- Are Digital comics removed after they have been added? Officially, No, but they might sometimes if they have to, but only if they have to. –– This answer came from a post in the Marvel forums from one of the staff in charge of MDCU productions. The post has since been removed as posts are regularly pruned.
- How many titles are there and which ones are complete? About 400 titles are complete. The list can be found here. It is also updated as new titles become complete. A title is also considered to be complete if it is up to date. A title is up to date if it is within 6 months of the latest newsstand release.