Incorrect album art bug
written by: admin
5/28/12 Last Updated:
(Windows Media Player 11) When I updated the album art for one album the album art for the another album would be updated with the same album art. This bug is seen when viewing the albums in the library as opposed to in the Now Playing area. This is certainly not what I wanted.
Failed Methods Used To Correct This:
- I tried removing the cached images located in C:\Documents and Settings\myuserid\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS and the offending album art in C:\Documents and Settings\myuserid\My Documents\My Music. To view these files make sure that hidden files and system files are unhidden in the folder view settings.
- I manually removed the embedded album art for each song and reinserted them.
- I right clicked the album and selected Update Album Info. Bad idea! The information that was generated was very wrong and it took a while to fix.
- I dragged the correct album image onto the incorrect album image.
- I made sure the tags were different for each album in regards to the album artist, artist, album, and contributing artist when the other methods listed here were tried.
- Even when all locations of the offending image were removed wmp11 would take the embedded album art from one of the mp3 files and apply it to the other album. It was really rather frustrating.
- Putting the files into separate folders works, but I want the music to all be stored in one big folder, so ultimately this solution will not work.
Solution: Right click the file and select Find Album Info. After finding and selecting the correct album info the album info was saved correctly and it stuck!
(Embedded album art not always showing up) After transferring my music over to a new computer I had album art that would not display in most media players. MP3Tag and AlbumArtFixer found nothing. Removing and/or editing all tags did nothing. Removing the cache did not work.
Solution: Quick fix is to open the affected files with mp3Tag, select all, save (no need to make any changes). You can fix all of the files at once that way. I do not know why, but that fixed it.
Further reading: linkTAGS: wmp 11