Texas Border Wall
written by: admin
10/31/21 Last Updated:
- 01/28/22: Texas Facilities Commission Executive Director Mike Novak announces that .77 miles of the initial 1.7 border wall for Starr County has been completed. The wall is expected to be complete around Spring 2022. ref
- 02/16/22: Texas Facilities Commission Executive Director Mike Novak announces that over 1 mile of the initial 1.7 border wall for Starr County has been completed. The wall is expected to be complete around Spring 2022. ref
- 04/16/22: Greg Abbott signs agreement with fourth Mexican Governor in 3 days to have increased policing by these 4 Mexican states to protect our borders. ref, ref2
- 04/19/22: 26 state governors sign the American Governors' Border Strike Force, ref
- 07/12/22: 1.7 mile border wall in Starr County has been completed. Work is being done to secure land on private property to continue work on additional segments of the border wall. ref
- 11/14/22: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declares state of invasion and authorizes use of National Guard to defend the border. ref
- 12/17/22: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announces that border wall construction will resume next month and for all of next year! ref, ref2
- 01/20/21: Joe Biden halts construction of the U.S. Border Wall. ref
- 02/02/21: Alejandro Mayorkas is sworn in as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Read about his history of corruption here.
- 03/06/21: Texas Governor Greg Abbott launches Operation Lonestar, a comprehensive plan to protect its state and borders from the dangers of illegal immigration. ref
- 04/19/21: White House orders ICE and CBP to stop using the terms "illegal" and "alien" when referring to illegal aliens. ref
- 06/01/21: Biden admin ends Trump's MPP or Remain in Mexico policy. ref
- 08/11/21: Biden admin orders ICE not to arrest or deport illegal aliens who are the victims of crimes or are applying for victim-based immigration benefits. ref
- 08/20/21: U.S. Supreme Court temporarily halts a lower court's decision that would reinstate the Remain in Mexico policy so that the full court could consider the application. ref
- 08/24/21: U.S. Supreme Court orders Biden admin to reinstate MPP. ref
- 10/22/21: CBP reports that the number of people trying to enter the country illegally is the highest in 97 years at nearly 2 million and third highest ever. ref
- 10/29/21: Rumble video Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says his state is mobilizing 6,500 National Guard to secure his border. He is also using large shipping containers with razor wire to block people from entering into his state from Mexico illegally. Those that do make it past will be imprisoned for breaking the law. He has announced that border wall construction will begin construction before the end of 2021. 11/17/21 twitter post
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas ends Remain in Mexico policy. ref
- 12/17/21: Texas governor Greg Abbott confirms that work has begun on the Texas border wall. ref, ref
- ICE: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
ICE's mission is to protect America from the cross-border crime and illegal immigration that threaten national security and public safety. This mission is executed through the enforcement of more than 400 federal statutes and focuses on immigration enforcement and combating transnational crime.
- How long is the Texas/Mexico border? 1,241 miles. ref
- How many miles does Texas Gov. Abbott propose to build? Apparently he wants a border wall along the entire 1,241 mile Texas/Mexico border. ref
- What are the most heavily trafficked areas in Texas for illegal immigration? As of Feb 2023 in descending order: El Paso, Del Rio, and Tucsonref
more events to the timeline
how has public opinion of the border wall and immigration changed since 1/1/21 to today?
what is the status of the Texas border?
what significant legislative events have happened in regard to ICE, CBP, lawsuits, Supreme Court decisions, decisions by Alejandro Mayorkas, etc.TAGS: border wall