written by: admin
4/9/07 Last Updated:
- recognize files with characters in their names such as +file.
- when viewing a file first examine to see if it is an image before displaying it as a text file regardless of the extension.
- Remove the save button if there is no file displayed.
- upload files.(?)
- Ignore unable to word wrap filenames. This is browser dependent.
The above are possible enhancements and it is possible none of them will be implemented.
- Updated from html 4.01 to HTML5.
- Bugfix: fixed an issue where certain characters were either converted to their html character equivalents or else would not display.
- Minor update setting the character set to ISO–8859–15.
- minor update to either load or download files such as mp3, zip, and pdf. The file types no longer need to be case sensitive.
- Directories now use an icon before the name instead of being appended with ––DIRECTORY. It looks nicer and gives it a cleaner look.
- Added the ability to change file permissions.
- Fixed an issue (with help) where the line numbers were not displaying correctly in Chrome.
- Further fixes to the div, textarea height, width, and positioning issues.
- Scrolling via the mouse wheel works better.
- Added onmousemove to make the problems with the mouse wheel in Opera virtually a non–issue.
- Added scrollable line numbers.
- Moved the delete file and delete directory options under the directory folder so as to further avoid accidental usage.
- Minor adjustments to the layout.
- version number was hyperlinked.
Note: I was very happy with this version and the addition of line numbers. It greatly helps with debugging files.
- Version number is now displayed.
- The ability to delete directories has been added.
- Minor adjustments to the layout.
- With two exceptions Editor is now HTML valid.
- The ability to create directories has been added.
- if file is an image the image is displayed instead.
- bug fix where the first file listed after the directory was not accessible.
- bug fix where directories that began with a period were recognized as a file.
- Script now recognizes .htaccess files or files that contain a period.
- bug fix where folders containing a dash could not be opened has been fixed.
- Script now works regardless of whether magic quotes are turned on or not.
- Fixed a bug where $_SERVER[PATH_INFO] may not always be recognized.
Note: This update is an error and did not happen. To the best of my knowledge $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] was never used in this script.
- Updated to version 1.14 to fix a potential bug.
- Added a link to the home page.
- Added the option to go up a directory as a link on the right above the list of folders.
- Updated to version 1.13 to address files that have a space in the name. Before, if there was a space in the filename, the filename would be displayed on 2 different lines with the wrong link.
- Added the version number to the notice.
- The name of the folder is now displayed in orange above the file list as opposed to just the address bar of your browser. It is also simplified.
- rewritten to make more sense.
- textarea no longer wraps when viewing a file.
- the default file is now no file at all. When going to a new directory the file you were looking at will no longer be displayed.
- if you delete the file you are viewing the textarea will close.
- The name of the file you are editing is now listed above the textarea as opposed to below.
- Bugfix: renaming a file that you are also viewing will redirect you to the renamed file.
- Bugfix: deleting a file no longer redirects you to the root directory.
- A CSS upgrade to make the DIRECTORY listings stand out more.
- A CSS upgrade to make the list of files scrollable when there is a large number of files.
- bug fix where files that were created/renamed/deleted only applied to the folder where the Editor script was located no matter what folder was being accessed.
Files can now be renamed.
- Files can now be deleted.
- Users can now create files.
- Removed the ability to select directories manually (typing in the location).
- The location of Editor can now be in any folder.
- The name of the file, Editor, won't matter anymore either.
- Removed the need to edit Editor before usage.
- Fixed a bug where the first directory listed had a bad url.
- "." and ".." file/directory listings were removed. "." would only go to the current directory and "." would go to the parent directory. Directories are now grouped together and listed first.
- fixed the "Save" button.
- removed the ability to select files manually.
- Opening a directory manually now works.
- Links for DIRECTORIES now work.
- The files are now sorted alphabetically.
- fully integrated the list files page into the editor program.
- added some CSS
- added default page.
- integrated the list files program making it easier to use.
- It can list flat files and edit them.
- improved the error reporting.