Site updates from January 6, 2013 through February 3, 2013:
- Security: admin and member passwords are now hashed using a newer and much more complicated hashing system than was previously used.
- Security: Added a new feature where members can change their password if they forget it via email confirmation.
- Security: Cookies now are deleted immediately instead of after 8 seconds.
- Security: Users that register are immediately logged in upon completion of their registration instead of having to log in after registration. This may change in a future update. I’m not sure yet.
- The admin calendar now displays the Month name and “prev” and “next” buttons.
- The “+” can now be used in article tags such as “C++”.
- Quotes can now be used for News post titles and anime review titles. This appears to already have been possible in the other form pages.
- It should no longer be possible to create a news post with no title.
- The Articles page no longer displays “Title and days since last updated.” when no category has been selected.
- The “Submit Review” button has been renamed to “Post Article” or “Save Changes” depending on how it is used.
- The author of the article is now colored. I chose not to document this change when I made it, but that was a mistake. I do not recall if that change was made with this build or the previous one, but it was made fairly recently.
Significant changes include:
- Members can reset/change their password.
- Security for members is greatly improved for members and somewhat improved for the admin.