written by: admin
8/18/06 Last Updated:
Note: No Longer Maintained
What software does GoDaddy.com
install on their Linux hosting servers?
as of August 21, 2012 This is the Web software, and versions, on GoDaddy.com Linux hosting servers:
Web Programming Languages
PHP 5.3.24 ref
Perl 5.8.8 on Deluxe and Unlimited accounts
Python 2.4 on Deluxe and Unlimited accounts
Upgrading to the Hosting Configuration 2.0 results in the following benefits
How to upgrade to configuration 2.0
as of February 19, 2007. It should be noted that some of these options are only available on the Deluxe or Unlimited accounts.
- Support for PHP 5
With PHP 5 support, you can program using the latest version of this server–side scripting language and take advantage of existing applications and add ons written in PHP 5. You can also run both PHP 4 and PHP 5 simultaneously on the same site. (PHP 5 is version 5.2.17. PHP released this version on Jan–6–2011)
- Support for Python 2.4
The latest version of Python –– 2.4 –– is supported.
- Scripting Flexibility
CGI, Perl, or Python scripts no longer have to be uploaded to and run from the cgi directory. The new hosting configuration allows any file with a .cgi, .py, or .pl extension to be run from any folder within your Web site.
- Custom PHP 4 and PHP 5 initialization files You can now customize your site by creating PHP initialization files in the root of your site to manage form, server, and environmental variables, server–side cookies, temporary directories, error display, and error logging.
The new hosting configuration has a dedicated administration interface from which you can manage and maintain cgi apps, library versions, Perl, and Ruby on Rails.
Upgrading to Deluxe 4G Hosting Results in the following benefits
- Multiple websites can be hosted with one hosting service. These are not subdomains like mysite.animeviews.com. This is www.mysite.com and the host is directed to a sub–folder in the main website. It is pretty easy and intuitive.
- PHP has the option to be upgraded from 5.2.17 to 5.3.24.
- Tomcat, Python, and Perl are now available for use. I have yet to learn how to use these or initialize them for use yet.
- ImageMagick was updated from version 5.5.6 to 6.5.4–7 2012–05–07 Q16.
- Hosting Configuration upgraded to 2.2 from 2.0.
All GoDaddy plans have unlimited bandwidth.
GoDaddy Hosting plans
transfer account to another person
Managing BillingTAGS: godaddy